POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : invisible mesh from poser : Re: invisible mesh from poser Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: invisible mesh from poser
From: FlyerX
Date: 17 Dec 2008 13:52:05
Message: <49494a55$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "FlyerX" <fly### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht
>> Why don't you try to export to POV-Ray directly from within PoseRay? I was
>> able to duplicate your problem with Moray and it will be fixed in the next
>> release of PoseRay (hopefully this week). I suppose most people do not use
>> Moray since it is not well behaved with POV-Ray 3.6 and the POV-Ray team
>> is working on a newer version.
>
> Well, Moray is still very useful for certain complex scenes where the
> visualization of the figure within the scene is crucial for the workflow.
> And some scenes just ask to be built in Moray (or Bishop3D for that matter)
> because they intuitively feel that way... :-)
>
> Talking about a new version, have you made some progress with the handling
> of dynamic hair from Poser? That would indeed be a very crucial improvement.
>
> Thomas

The lines exported from Poser can now be converted to UV-mapped tubes
with control on the start and ending diameters as well as the density.
The tubes are created minimizing twist. Once created new materials and
groups are also created. I tested it with some Poser hairs and it may
work but it will need some good material for it to look good. It also
works well for cables and ducts.

FlyerX